Academy of Visual Effects
INTRODUCTION TO VISUAL EFFECTS (VISUAL EFFECTS - VFX)
Visual effects are special effects that are added to film or video in post-production, like computer-generated images.
Visual effects means the creation, alteration or enhancement of images that cannot be captured on a set or location during live action, therefore this is being accomplished in post-production.
Visual effects is the process through which computer-generated images alter the live-action material to create realistic scenes, that would otherwise be dangerous, expensive or impossible to shoot.
DESCRIBING THE NEW PROFESSION VISUAL EFFECTS ARTIST
The Visual Effects Artist works with film and TV studios, production houses, also as a freelance for projects and various clients, etc. They apply instructions and specifications by clients in their work to complete the process of creating visual effects. Most Visual Effects Artists are part of a large team divided in multiple departments, contributing together to the final product. Some Artists may work from home on freelance projects, collaborating with colleagues and clients from all over the world.
The Visual Effects Artist will gain basic knowledge in post-production, film industry, and working with strict deadlines to deliver a successfully completed project. They utilize numerous methods in creating visual effects, that is, in combining live-action shots (scenes) with computer-generated graphics so that a clear message, idea and emotion is conveyed.
This profession requires creative talent together with technical ability and precision.
What happens after you complete the Academy?
This training offers fresh perspective on your career development and will present you with job opportunities in:
- Marketing and advertising agencies, Digital internet agencies, Design studios, Advertising studios, and other companies with specialized services in advertising, graphic design, and multimedia.
- Marketing department in institutions and organizations across any industry.
- Video production studios.
- Post-production studios and companies.
- TV production.
- Remote work for foreign companies and studios.
Semos Education’s Career Center will support you in the process of internship or employment application at companies it collaborates with, as well as at Talent Partners with whom you will work on real projects.
- Creating static graphics
- Adobe Photoshop CC + ACP
- Basic concepts of visual effects and idea development
- Creating a digital set
- Creating and editing video and audio
- Adobe After Effects CC + ACP
- Editing video and audio materials
- Creating an animated ad
- Processes and methods for creating visual effects
- Using 3D space in a 2D work environment
- Separation of elements (Rotoscoping & Keying)
- Preparation and cleaning of video sequences (Painting / Prep)
- Creating video compositions
- Project development "Creating visual effects"
- Design and creation of a video
- Artist's portfolio for visual effects
Complimentary Freelancing course (regular price is 150 euros) for all Semos Education Academies’ students
After you complete the Academy, expand your career opportunities with a free of charge course on Freelancing.
- Communication with clients
- Time management
- Project management
- Payment and taxes
- Develop your personal Freelance profile proactively