First accredited institution for vocational education for graphic designers
Postgraduate Education Institution Verification for Semos Computer Education Center Nr. UP113 - 1523 of 19.07.2019.
Since July 2019, Semos Education has become the first accredited institution by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Northern Macedonia to deliver Vocational Specialist Qualification Education - Graphic Designer at 5-B level of the Macedonian Qualifications Framework. This is the only accredited educational institution of this kind in the country, where students who have attended and will attend one-year vocational training in the Graphic Design program will receive an official specialist degree in Graphic Designer accreditation recognized and accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of North Macedonia.
Semos Education is the first institution in Macedonia to issue two public qualifications for Graphic Designer and Web Designer as a vocational education institution.
- Basics of Information Technology
- Communication with a Client
- Career and Entrepreneurship
- Basics of marketing
- Raster Graphic (Adobe Photoshop)
- Vector Graphic (Adobe Illustrator)
- Desktop publishing (Adobe InDesign)
- Basics of drawing
- Art aesthetic principles
- Process Design
- Pre-press for printing
- Graphic Design Forms
- Image manipulation
- Digital Illustration
- Corporative identity
- Publication Design
- Graphic Designer Portfolio
- Basics of photography
- Motion Graphic (Adobe After Effects)
- User UX/UI Principles & Adobe XD
The Graphic Design Programme is adjusted according to the commercial needs dictated by the market, the same is completely oriented towards the individual for the purpose of obtaining artistic, creative and practical knowledge.
Academic calendar for 2021/22
September 15, 2021 - Start
September 15 up to December 30, 2021 - First semester
January 17 up to May 20, 2022 - Second semester
June, 2022 - Final exhibition
- Specialist qualification diploma Graphic designer issued by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of North Macedonia with passed 2 specialist exams (Theory and Practice).
- Acquired 60 ECVET credits in accordance with the legislation of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia and the European Credit Transfer System for Vocational Education and Training.
- International Certification - Adobe Certified Associate Specialist (ACAS) passed 3 exams for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign as a part of the Graphic Designer qualification.
Acquired skills and competencies
By completing the vocational one-year Graphic Design program, the attendee will be able to apply the latest principles and technologies in this area, and will learn to:
- Creates sketches and drafts for the development of ideas, using critical and creative thinking, logic and analysis.
- Creates original graphic solutions, makes adaptations and design corrections based on a defined client's brief.
- Communicate with clients in the process of making graphic solutions.
- Use typographic elements in the composition.
- Prepare print and web-based files.
- Performs image manipulation.
- Create an original vector illustration.
- Adapting an existing logo building company brand.
- Develops a visual solution for a new brand for the company.
- Create long documents and publications.
- Develops own self-promotion portfolio.